Our philosophy is that it is important to have an attorney who appreciates your focus on the creative process and who will represent your legal and business interests with minimum distractions.
Cousins Law Firm represents world-famous entertainers. Entertainers often need legal help negotiating performance contracts, registering copyrights, or protecting an image. Like anyone else, entertainers may also find themselves in an everyday legal controversy such as a landlord-tenant dispute. But because of their public profiles, famous entertainers need an experienced professional to handle these conflicts with sensitivity.
• If you have created something with literary or musical value, get it protected with a copyright. Copyrights are not expensive and copyright protection may be the best investment you will ever make in your career.
• If you begin experiencing demand for your performances, get legal advice. Good representation in negotiating a performance contract will save money and aggravation.
• Be prepared for success. Have a well-thought-out plan to protect your assets, your creative freedom and the privacy you deserve. Take advantage of legal structures available to serve these objectives.
2) Name Protection
3) Trademark & Image Protection
4) Artist, Producer, and Composer Representation
5) Asset Protection, Private Account
Cousins Law Firm represented Prince, a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Honoree, in a case against a massive national retailer and a California costume manfacturer. The retailer marketed as a Halloween costume an outfit worn by Prince in "Purple Rain". Cousins Law Firm forced the stores to take the costume off their shelves immediately, and negotiated a financial settlement for trademark infringement.